beautiful, bitterness, despair, hope, indifference, love, Macrina Wiederkehr, nonviolent, Peace, power, seven sacred pauses, The Sophia Center for Spirituality, transform, truth, unconditional love, violence
I read something from Macrina Wiederkehr’s book, sevensacredpauses, this morning that made me smile, especially given what I wrote yesterday. I think it’s worth sharing.
I will believe the truth about myself no matter how beautiful it is:
- I believe in my power to transform indifference into love.
- I believe I have an amazing gift to keep hope alive in the face of despair.
- I believe I have the remarkable skill of deleting bitterness from my life.
- I believe in my budding potential to live with a nonviolent heart.
- I believe in my passion to speak the truth even when it isn’t popular.
- I believe I have the strength of will to be peace in a world of violence.
- I believe in my miraculous capacity for unconditional love.
I will believe the truth about myself no matter how beautiful it is. (p.109)